Areas of Practice

gavel (2).jpg


If you are unable to pay your bills, filing for bankruptcy can provide immediate relief from your creditors and allow you time to reorganize your finances. The Law Offices of Kirk Rankin & Associates has helped many clients discharge their debts and obtain a fresh start in their finances. Our clients have been able to restore their credits within two years and obtain approvals for automobile loans, credit cards, and home mortgage loans.

Filing for bankruptcy can help:

  • protect your home

  • protect your car

  • protect your salary

Find out if you can liquidate your debt under Chapter 7, or extend your debt repayment to five years under Chapter 13.

Chapter 7 Liquidation Under the Bankruptcy Code. This type of bankruptcy is known as Liquidation of Debts. You can file for Liquidation of Debts if you possess few assets but want to safeguard a portion your assets. A portion of your assets can be protected while all unsecured debts are wiped out. You will also be required to complete two credit counseling courses. Once these courses are complete, a bankruptcy petition will be submitted to the Bankruptcy Court. The Court will then schedule a creditor's meeting where our attorney will be present to accompany and guide you. After a few weeks, a Discharge notice from the Court will be issued. Finally, a new, fresh, and debt-free life will begin for you.

Chapter 13 Individual Debt Adjustment. The Individual Debt Adjustment option helps those who do not qualify for Chapter 7 Liquidation Under the Bankruptcy Code. It provides an opportunity for you to repay all or a portion of your debts in installments over a determined period of time. After a payment plan is submitted to the Bankruptcy Court, the Court will either approve or reject the payment plan. If the plan is approved, you will start to make the installments until the culmination of the payment period when debts are discharged. Chapter 13 is recommended for individuals who have many assets and would like to retain them.

To obtain more information about your bankruptcy options, please visit: US Courts Bankruptcy.


personal Injury 

  • In an event of an accident, first seek medical attention to avoid sustained injury. Take photographs of all your wounds and injuries, the scene of accident, and any property damage as soon as possible.

  • Report the accident to your insurance company and the at-fault party's insurance company. Speak with your lawyer BEFORE providing a statement to both insurance companies.

  • When claiming damages and seeking compensation, include all expenses such as cost of medication treatment, lost of wages or salaries, loss of lifestyle, mental pressure, and legal cost.


If you or someone you know is having difficulty, please do not hesitate to contact us for a consultation. 


The Law Offices of Kirk Rankin & Associates is devoted to the practice of immigration law. We have helped hundreds of clients obtain legal permanent resident status, citizenship, work visas, and more.

2012 Immigration Policy on Deferred Action. The 2012 policy, based on but not synonymous with the DREAM Act, allows certain individuals who arrived in the US before the age of 16 and are no more than the age of 30 relief from deportation or removal.

Permanent Residency. Permanent residency is a visa status given to individuals who may reside indefinitely within the United States without a citizenship. There are a number of ways Permanent Residency status can be obtained in the United States. A permanent resident will receive a United States Permanent Resident Card ("green card") allowing you to live and work permanently in the United States. You may be eligible to obtain your green card in the following methods:

  • through employment

  • through family

  • through NACARA

  • if you qualify as a "battered spouse"

If you are already a permanent resident or United States citizen, you can be a sponsor for green cards for other individuals such as family (spouse, children, parents) or fiance. We can also assist you in the replacement process of your lost or expired green card.

Citizenship. You can obtain your citizenship in the United States based on your residency in the United States and/or your parent's citizenship. If you are concerned about past criminal matters that may obstruct your eligibility for citizenship, our attorneys can review your records for a minimal fee. A review of your past records will allow our attorneys to evaluate the best options that are available to you prior to applying for citizenship.

Work Permits. Work permits are official documents allowing a foreign national permission for employment in the country. Call our office to discuss if you are eligible to obtain a work permit. You may obtain a work permit through:

  • TPS

  • Asylum

  • pending applications

Visas. You or someone you know maybe eligible for the following visas:

  • Visitor Visas

  • Work Visas

  • Student Visas

  • Fiance Visas

Court. Many people who are sent to Immigration Court are eligible for some benefits. We have helped many people get their residency application approved in Court. This can be a complicated and lengthy process, so please consult an attorney.